Seeds for the Soul
167 Bruntsfield Place
Overall score: ★★★★★
Seeds for the Soul is quite easily one of my favourite spots in Edinburgh. This charming little café in Bruntsfield serves breakfast, brunch lunch and sweet treats – all of which are completely vegan.
The owners are very passionate about good food, using organic ingredients where possible and making everything from scratch right on the premises.
Their passion shines through and since opening in early 2018, they have been delighting a steady stream of punters with their delicious and colourful creations.
Vegan food available at Seeds for the Soul
Did I mention that EVERYTHING at Seeds for the Soul is completely vegan? Whether you want to eat right with a Soul Bowl Salad or treat yourself to something a little bit more decadent, you’ll find it here at Seeds for the Soul.
They also clearly label the gluten-free options too, both those that are naturally gluten-free and those that can be made gluten-free on request.
- Full Vegan Breakfast Sausage, bacon, tofu scramble, ptotato scone, beans, spinach, tomato, mushrooms and toast. Feeling hungry? Add an extra portion of whatever you want for an additional cost
- Breakfast Wrap Sausage, bacon, potato scone, beans, mushrooms, spinach, red onion and cheese
- Sweet Pancakes Fruit compote, cinnamon, coconut and maple syrup
- Bacon n Scramble Toast Garlic mayo, bacon, tofu scramble, rocket
- Bacon Avo Toast Garlic mayo, bacon, avocado, rocket
- Yummy Toast Olive oil, avocado, red onion, tomato, rocket and hemp seeds
- Wrap Me Up Choose from
- Middle East Falafel, hummus, tomato, lettuce, red onion, mango chutney
- Mexican Heat Mexican mushrooms, avocado, lettuce, cheese, coriander, salsa
- Rainbow Wrap Seitan, cheese, spinach, carrots, cabbage, jalapenos, garlic mayo
- Soul Bowl Salads Choose from
- Asian Bowl Tofu, noodles, avocado, lettuce, shredded carrot, rocket, coriander, sesame seeds with garlic ginger tamare dressing
- Middle Eastern Bowl Falafel, hummus, roasted chickpeas, spinach, red cabbage, shredded carrot, sesame seeds with mango chutney
- Toastini choose from
- Seitan, cheese, jalapenos, red onion
- Avocado, cheese, tomato, sundried tomato
- Pesto, cheese, tomato, spinach
- BLT Club Sandwich Garlic mayo, bacon, lettuce, tomato and red onion
- Vegan Poutine Chips, cheese, seitan, lettuce, onion, jalapenos, garlic mayo and salsa
- Mexican Poutine Chips, cheese, Mexican mushrooms, lettuce, onion, jalapenos, garlic mayo and salsa
- Vegan Hot Dog Jumbo hot dog, cheese, fried onions, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard
- Soup of the Day Served with bread
- Buffalo Cauliflower Deep fried in breadcrumbs with chipotle sauce and garlic mayo dip
- Asian Dumplings Served with ginger garlic, soya dressing and sweet chilli sauce
- Falafel Mini Bowl Falafels with hummus and mango chutney
- Hand-cut House Chips Choose from
- Smokey, herby or salt & chilli
- Chips and cheese
- Side Salad A bowl of mixed leaves and veggies
- House garlic mayo
- Chipotle sauce
- Sweet chilli sauce
… and a range of lovely cakes and bakes that are available at the counter.
Seeds for the Soul does one of the best cooked vegan breakfasts in the city, with sausages provided by BBL (Mr B’s all-time favourite). The sweet pancakes are equally delicious, and can be made gluten-free on request (for an extra cost).
Seeds for the Soul is an essential stop for breakfast when you are in Edinburgh. Whether you are a fan of the full-cooked breakfast or prefer something a little sweeter, you are bound to be satisfied at this charming and fully vegan café.
Menu info: ★★★★★
Value for money: ★★★★☆
Seeds for the Soul Opening Hours
These opening hours are correct at the time of writing. For the most accurate times, check Seeds for the Soul website (linked above).
Monday 10 am – 6pm
Tuesday 10 am – 6pm
Wednesday 10 am – 6pm
Thursday 10 am – 6pm
Friday 10 am – 6pm
Saturday 10 am – 6pm
Sunday 10 am – 6pm
Love Seed for the Soul? Pin it for later!