Seeds for the Soul
167 Bruntsfield Place
Overall score: ★★★★★
Seeds for the Soul is quite easily one of my favourite spots in Edinburgh. This charming little café in Bruntsfield serves breakfast, brunch lunch and sweet treats – all of which are completely vegan.
The owners are very passionate about good food, using organic ingredients where possible and making everything from scratch right on the premises.
Their passion shines through and since opening in early 2018, they have been delighting a steady stream of punters with their delicious and colourful creations.
Vegan food available at Seeds for the Soul
Did I mention that EVERYTHING at Seeds for the Soul is completely vegan? Whether you want to eat right with a Soul Bowl Salad or treat yourself to something a little bit more decadent, you’ll find it here at Seeds for the Soul.
They also clearly label the gluten-free options too, both those that are naturally gluten-free and those that can be made gluten-free on request.
Breakfast and Brunch: 10am – 3pm
- Full Vegan Breakfast Sausage, bacon, haggis, tofu scramble, p0tato scone, beans, spinach, tomato, mushrooms and toast. Feeling hungry? Add an extra portion of whatever you want for an additional cost
- Breakfast Wrap Sausage, bacon, potato scone, beans, mushrooms, spinach, red onion and cheese
- Sweet Pancakes Maple syrup, fresh fruit, coconut and cinnamon
- Yummy Toast Olive oil, avocado, red onion, tomato, rocket and hemp seeds
- Bacon n Scramble Toast Garlic mayo, bacon, tofu scramble, rocket
- Bacon Avo Toast Garlic mayo, bacon, avocado, rocket
Small bites and sides
- Buffalo Cauliflower Breadcrumbed and deep fried served with hot sauce & garlic mayo dip
- Asian Dumplings Served with tamarin & sweet chilli dip
- Nachos & Guacamole Tavo mince, cheese, salsa, jalapenos, refried beans
- Caesar Salad
- Mixed Olives
- Hand-cut House Chips
- Salt & Chilli
Main Menu: From 12noon
- Beyond Cheeseburger Beyond pate, cheese, tomato, lettuce, red onion, garlic mayo, ketchup in a brioche bun with hand-cut chips
- Mex Burger Beyond Pate, guacamole, refried beans, nachos, red cabbage, jalapenos, hot sauce, salsa in brioche bun with hand-cut chips
- Seeds Burger Beyond pate, cheese, fried mushrooms, fried onions, tomato, spinach, mayo, ketchup, mustard in brioche bun with hand-cut chips
- Tacos Soft shell tacos, mince, lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sweetcorn, jalapenos, refried beans, salsa, lime
- Middle Easter Bowl Falafel, hummus, roasted chickpeas, spinach, red cabbage, shredded carrot, sesame seeds with mango chutney
- Caesar Salad Romane lettuce, croutons, avocado, tofu, capers with Caesar dressing
- Vegan Poutine Chips, cheese, seitan, lettuce, onion, jalapenos, garlic mayo and salsa
- Middle East Wrap Falafel, hummus, tomato, lettuce, red onion, mango chutney
- Rainbow Wrap Seitan, cheese, spinach, carrots, cabbage, jalapenos, garlic mayo
- Vegan Hot Dog Jumbo hot dog, cheese, fried onions, jalapenos, ketchup and mustard
… and a range of lovely cakes and bakes that are available at the counter.
Seeds for the Soul does one of the best cooked vegan breakfasts in the city, with sausages provided by BBL (Mr B’s all-time favourite). The sweet pancakes are equally delicious, and can be made gluten-free on request (for an extra cost).
They’ve started doing stone-baked pizza specials too, and Mr B is a huge fan of their meat feast topping. Other varieties include the classic margarita or their special Italian. For a healthier alternative, try their delicious caesar salad with tofu, avocado, croutons and a lovely creamy caesar dressing.
Seeds for the Soul is an essential stop for breakfast, lunch (and now) dinner when you are in Edinburgh. Whether you are a fan of the full-cooked breakfast or prefer something a little sweeter, you are bound to be satisfied at this charming and fully vegan café.
Menu info: ★★★★★
Value for money: ★★★★☆
Seeds for the Soul Opening Hours
Seeds for the Soul are now open later! These opening hours are correct at the time of writing. For the most accurate times, check Seeds for the Soul website (linked above).
Monday 10 am – 9pm
Tuesday 10 am – 9pm
Wednesday 10 am – 9pm
Thursday 10 am – 9pm
Friday 10 am – 9pm
Saturday 10 am – 9pm
Sunday 10 am – 9pm
Love Seed for the Soul? Pin it for later!