Yeni Meze Bar
73 Hanover Street
+44(0)131 225 5755
Overall score: ★★★★★
Vegan food available at Yeni Meze Bar
Yeni Meze Bar has a wide selection of delicious vegan meze, all of which are very clearly marked on the menu. They also clearly label the gluten-free options too.
Some of these dishes also appear on their early evening meal, where you can enjoy 3 mezes and a dessert for £15.50 (at the time of writing).
- Humus Crushed chickpeas blended with tahini, lemon and a kiss of garlic
- Şakşuka Aubergine cubes sautéed with tomato, onion and garlic (also available warm)
- Pancar Beetroot and dill salad in a mustard vinaigrette
- Dolma Grape vine leaves stuffed with aromatic herbs & rice
- Tabouleh A refreshing salad of bulgar wheat tossed with finely chopped parsley, mint, tomato, cucumber and peppers with a lemon and olive oil dressing
- Bruschetta Toasted ciabatta topped with chopped tomato, basil, garlic and olive oil
- Corba Red lentil and root vegetabl soup served with fresh lemon
- Börek Fried filo pastry rolls stuffed with sweet potato and roast red pepper
- Falafel Fried chickpea and herb croquettes with a lemon and tahini dip (ask to swap out the dip to make vegan)
- Patates Smoked paprika and rosemary potatoes topped with a spicy tomato sauce
- Imam Bayildi Oven baked aubergine slices topped with seasoned onion and tomato
Salads and sides
- Fattoush salad Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish and pitta croutons mixed in an olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried mint and sumac dressing
- Coban Salatasi Mixed salad of chopped tomato, cucumber, red onion and flat parsley with a lemon and olive oil dressing
Nibbles and breads
- Marinated green and black olives
- Pitta bread
- Vegetable crudités
- Sutlac Almond milk vanilla rice pudding with a rosewater and strawberry compote
- Ice cream Choose from coconut ice cream, passionfruit sorbet or mango sorbet
It’s great to see a menu so clearly marked not just for vegan needs, but a whole host of dietary requirements. The food was absolutely delicious – there was a good number of vegan dishes peppered throughout both the hot and cold menu so Mr B and I were able to order a really varied meal full of adventurous flavours.
My favourite part had to be dipping the warm pitta bread into the creamy hummus – you really can’t beat it! At around £3.50 – £5.00 a dish it can be easy to rack up a big bill, but just start at about three dishes for each diner and see how you go. We ordered seven dishes between us and were completely stuffed by the end.
With a such a good varied menu, this would be the perfect place to dine with omnivore friends, as there is plenty of choice for them too. Definitely worth a visit.
Menu info: ★★★★★
Value for money: ★★★★☆