39-41 Broughton Street
+44(0)131 557 0627
Overall score: ★★★★☆
Vegan food available at Treacle
Treacle have recently revamped their menu, with lots of flavourful food options for vegans. They’re also really well-renowned for their cocktails, so this is the perfect place for a bite to eat and a drink with friends.
At the time of writing, the vegan offering consisted of:
- Kale, zucchini and pear fritters, pomegranate seeds, cashew cream
- Roasted nuts, lemon, BBQ spices
- Edamame beans
- Coconut popcorn, turmeric and lime zest
- Toasted sourdough, cashew crème
- Massaged kale, toasted almonds, mango
- Sweet potato fries, toasted peanuts, red chilli, charred red pepper salsa
- Shaved super salad Rocket, toasted farro, daikon, shredded carrot, coconut, dehydrated cranberries, orange
- Treacle pho Miso, enoki mushroom, red chilli, kaffir lime, rice noodles, edible flowers
- Roast butternut squash and avocado rojak Roast butternut squash, avocado, mango, brown rice, green onions, red chilli, radish, kale
- Crispy katsu banana split, coconut cream, toasted almonds, crumbled ginger biscuits
Last time we visited, the food at Treacle was delicious. Mr B gobbled up his pho, which I just want to say is the prettiest bowl of noodles I’ve ever found in Edinburgh!
Meanwhile, I ordered the butternut squash rojak. I must admit, I didn’t really know what a rojak was before I visited Treacle – but what I had was absolutely gorgeous. The mango and the chilli gave the perfect balance of spicy with sweet and I would gladly order it again next time we visit.
Treacle has a really solid selection for vegans that is imaginative and flavourful. Pair that with a couple of tasty cocktails and a great atmosphere, and you’ve got a perfect evening on your hands. Well worth a visit!
Menu info: ★★★★★
Value for money: ★★★★☆