7 Charlotte Lane
+44(0)131 220 5603
Overall score: ★★★★☆
I was already aware of Indigo Yard as quite a cool place in the West End to stop off for some cocktails, but it only came to my attention just recently that they also cater for vegans on the food side of things too. I am a huge fan of this place and its vibe, so I popped in with Mr B and Michelle from Oh Sew Vegan to try it out.
Vegan food available at Indigo Yard
We were delighted to discover during our visit that Indigo Yard not only had a couple of options – it had a whole dedicated vegan lunch menu! At the time of writing, this was:
- Tempura asparagus with piri piri sauce
- Tomato and roasted red pepper soup with crusty bread
- Spring vegetable and asparagus salad with croutons and smoked tomato dressing
- Shredded vegetable tacos with crushed avocado, pico de gallo salsa and coriander
- Baby spinach, tomato and avocado salad with croutons, chilli and peanut dressing
- Pomegranate, mint and almond couscous, roasted beetroot and red chard with blood orange dressing
- Vegan sausages and mash with beer braised onion sauce
- Twice cooked chips or shoestrings
- Sweet potato fries
- Moroccan couscous with pomegranate mint and toasted almond
- Tenderstem broccoli with garlic
- Beer battered onion rings
I was really pleasantly surprised with the range of vegan dishes available at Indigo Yard. Some of the options, like the tempura asparagus, were really adventurous too. Mr B had the vegan sausage and mash – always a crowd-pleaser – while Michelle had colourful looking vegan tacos.
My spinach salad was delicious. It had a lovely sweet peanut dressing, but it was quite rich and I could only eat around half the plate (never would I see the day where I would struggle to finish off a salad… but there you go…)
Anyway, if you go to Indigo Yard for their cocktails, rest assured you can stay for food too. A decent vegan menu that should be worthy of more attention!
Menu info: ★★★★★
Value for money: ★★★☆☆